
I'm going to take part in the genographic project so I can learn my ancient genetic heritage. I've always been fascinated by things with distant history - old pictures of people, abandoned buildings, early civilizations. I'm also interested in how we overcome the human struggle to become stronger people. I've had personal struggle that I have dealt with, but as far as I know I haven't been touched by anything that even closely resembles a holocaust, slavery, or war. I wonder what makes me persist - what gives me drive. Nietzche said "he who has a why to live can bear with almost any how." What is my why? I think it's mostly about the possibility of connections and where they will take me in terms of human emotion and understanding. There is always more to do, to experience, to become. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was a Nietzche quote (along with Tom Petty's Wildflowers) that helped me deal with my daughter's death: "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger."
1 comment:
Hello Caron,
I like the images and the words. Very nice. There's a value here I can "feel" that won't reveal itself for a while but will be very important in the end.
Your post today reminds me of a 19th century French poet that said, "The only thing in life that's unbearable, is that nothing is unbearable."
Peace,
Q
Post a Comment