Caron, This may be very contradictory to what you are trying to get at with these pictures, but you have a very beautiful way with the camera. Compositionally these pieces evoke something inside of me. Visually they feel like honest depictions of who you are as an individual. Is there a correlation between the beautiful treatment of your photographs and the fact that the subjects of these images are you? I don't know maybe something to think about. You are a very open person and I can see this through your photos. Way to put yourself into your work! I think one of the hardest things to do is to get your art to embody who you are as an individual. I think these images are doing a great job! On a totally different side of the spectrum, have you ever thought about exaggerating your thoughts about yourself? What do I mean by that? You know Cindy Sherman's portraits that she's been doing, dressed up like women throughout art history? It seems like an exaggerated self in order to get closer and more comfortable with the real self. Symbolically exploring who you are... If that is completely unrelated to what you're doing then forget that I even said it...i just like throwing a lot of ideas out there. keep up the good work, and thanks again for commenting so much on my blog. Do you think you and I are stealing anything from each other's identities? I've gotten a lot more open since i met you Caron. Thanks for that. And i'm sure you've grown to want to play the banjo.
1 comment:
Caron,
This may be very contradictory to what you are trying to get at with these pictures, but you have a very beautiful way with the camera. Compositionally these pieces evoke something inside of me. Visually they feel like honest depictions of who you are as an individual. Is there a correlation between the beautiful treatment of your photographs and the fact that the subjects of these images are you? I don't know maybe something to think about.
You are a very open person and I can see this through your photos. Way to put yourself into your work! I think one of the hardest things to do is to get your art to embody who you are as an individual. I think these images are doing a great job!
On a totally different side of the spectrum, have you ever thought about exaggerating your thoughts about yourself? What do I mean by that? You know Cindy Sherman's portraits that she's been doing, dressed up like women throughout art history? It seems like an exaggerated self in order to get closer and more comfortable with the real self. Symbolically exploring who you are...
If that is completely unrelated to what you're doing then forget that I even said it...i just like throwing a lot of ideas out there.
keep up the good work, and thanks again for commenting so much on my blog. Do you think you and I are stealing anything from each other's identities? I've gotten a lot more open since i met you Caron. Thanks for that. And i'm sure you've grown to want to play the banjo.
Post a Comment