Sunday, August 07, 2005

8/7/05 Self Portrait of the Day


Contemplative mood today. Listening to The Doors' Waiting for the Sun. Concerned with raising the bar for my G3 and G5 presentations. No prima donna grandstanding for me. I want to be professional and take myself seriously. I know it's one thing to criticize and another to actually present. Hopefully I will have what it takes to stand out in a good way.

Scanning for Martha Sharp project today. Read Still Life with Oysters and Lemon later. This book is beautifully written. I read half of it out loud while waiting with a friend for his flight at the airport. I haven't read aloud to that extent since my daughter was small.

1 comment:

Pete Hocking said...

I am so glad that you liked Doty's book. Thanks for the link to your new photo project. It's very exciting that you are doing this!

I have an acccount here that I am mainly planning to use for audio postings. Mind if I "friend" you?

cheers, Pete