Sunday, September 11, 2005

9/11/05 Process


Second time's the charm. As it turned out, Friday was a get-back-in-the-saddle day. I hadn't done any shooting except with my digital camera for a couple months. I was trying to force an elaborate still-life, but all that was really in me was a simple one - or rather, several simple ones. I had a couple days to think about what I wanted to shoot and went back today to make some more images.

One of the things that helps me to get ideas for shooting is to go look at books and magazines about art and photography. So, yesterday when David and I were hanging out together we ended up at Borders. By the time we left I had a couple ideas of what to do. I didn't replicate those ideas exactly, but went with the flow with what felt right while shooting. I ended up with three images that I feel pretty good about. The photos at above highlight some of what I was working on today. You can go here to see me talk about how I felt the shoot went; and you can go here to see where I shoot. I know when I've had a good day shooting because I am completely exhausted when I am done - I'm beat.

No comments: