
Click here to see me talk about my thoughts on today's shoot. It was forced and not meant to be. Nothing went right today - at least not as planned. The stairway had been repainted and wasn't as bright as I had remembered, I brought the wrong film (Type 59 color instead of Type 55 b&w). I forgot how to load the Holga and wasted a whole packet of film. Of course, it wasn't a complete loss. I gave Dana's daughter a lesson in exposure (she's taking a beginning photo class in college). Gave me practice explaining myself in case I want to teach someday - reinforced that I probably should steer clear of the profession. I would probably have been better at it if I wasn't trying to focus on creating. I had the wrong objects - it was more of a supposed-to thing than a feeling thing. I'm going to think on it and perhaps go back later this weekend sometime. I know things happen for a reason and I'm trying not to be too frustrated, but it still hurts that I couldn't get something done today. Damn!
No comments:
Post a Comment