
How I look has always bothered me. I don't see myself as a great beauty. My eyes are shaped weirdly and my ears stick out. My hair is too fine. yadda yadda yadda. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I attempt to do this by using my brain, stuffing my head in books, and attempting to be intelligent. I think I am attracted to people that have the physical qualities that I would like for myself - dark thick hair, brown eyes, olive skin. I've always liked my nose, but I am attracted to people who have more prominent noses. I like the looks of Al Pacino, Andy Garcia, Salma Hayek, Barbra Streisand and my husband. I like the strong ethnic look maybe because it implies a strong heritage. I feel so plain sometimes, thereby lacking in heritage. The possibility of finding my heritage is a huge pull with the Genographic Project.
(This is my high school graduation picture circa 1985)
No comments:
Post a Comment