Monday, September 12, 2005

The History of Me

This is me 32 years ago. My mother was 24 and my dad was the same age I am now. I had no concept of age here and sure as heck couldn't foresee what was going to happen in my future. Little Caron grows up to go to college and grad school? Pshaw! That'll never happen - at least not with the thought process that my family had. Little Caron grows up to have three children and lose two. Little Caron grows up to get married and subsequently divorced and then married again.

I wonder sometimes if there is a big book with our life stories in it somewhere. I'd like to think that nothing controls me except me -I consider myself a Stoic Existentialist. The older I get the more emotional I get. However, I'm no bleeding heart. I have empathy when it's deserved and sympathy never. Ok, maybe I'm a bit hard-hearted at times, but I've got my own problems and can't afford to take on those of others. I am loyal when it comes to my friends. If you accept me and I want you in my life then you've got a friend for life. (Man! Where's this coming from tonight?)

Hey! Here's a short video of the photographs I made yesterday if you would like to see them.

No comments: