
My dad and I did the cheek swabs for the Genographic Project last night and this morning. I'll put the tests in the mail tomorrow; and the results should be available six to eight weeks afterwards. I'll be able to track the process of the results online by inputting my ID number on the website. It'll be cool to see where my distant ancestors have been in the world. I hypothesize that part of the journey included Eurasia because of how my eyes are shaped, but we'll see. I'm always interested in learning more about myself, and I think this project will help me see traits (both physical and behaviorial) that could connect me to an ancient unconscious. It'll be interesting to do research after I get my results back that are specific to times and places along my distant journey. I especially like how this is a way for me to connect with my dad on a different level. Thank you, dad, for doing this project with me. It was great having you and mom here overnight! I love you both. ;-)
1 comment:
Beautiful, meaningful and exciting!
Father (Y-DNA): Haplogroup: J2 (w/Cohanim Modal Haplotype) - Jewish
Mother (mtDNA): Haplogroup U4 Siberian - Ket people to Native American (Haplogroup X)
Way to go! I'm excited for you and your parents.
Post a Comment